Wednesday, 21 July 2010

Las Meninas : Part Dos

Feels like ages since I've posted anything on the progress of the summer group work me,Matt and Jord have been doing. On a whole I'm dead pleased with how its all looking and seems to be really pulling together and you can without a doubt tell who did what art. Everyone's own style is become more apparent as I'm seeing more and more work. Looking really professional as well.

I was a bit stuck with the actual editing process and got slightly confused as to what it was we were actually meant to be doing. It seemed to me like the rest of the group were re-doing their own version of what the person had sent them whilst I was physically working on top giving it my personal touch.


When I received Matt's interpretation of Picasso's War and Peace I hit a bit of a wall and was a bit brain dead for a few days in what I was going to make it my own. In the end I decided to stick with using hand painted typography like I did in my previous and make it a completely typographical piece. I'd been looking at old American billboards and shop signs from the 60's/70's that really inspired me to push my typographic boundaries to the limits.


On a whole I'm pretty pleased with it however it looked so much better before I scanned it in. It looses the hand drawn element to it and seems to make it look a lot more sketchy. With my final piece I think again I'm going to stick to the same working method but try and incorporate Matt's image with my own so that they compliment each other rather then covering it up completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment