Been doing some further research today into the types of machinery and technology I'm wanting to include in my piece and decided I want to go back to the 60's/70's. I've been focusing on recording studios and science labs particularly looking at the computers and software used. I'm wanting to play about with lighting and quite dull subtle colours a lot in this project especially lighting from screens and buttons. From this I'm hoping to create highlights in the characters facial features (which I'm yet to draw) and create a moody and serious atmosphere. With this my key point of the illustration you might not be able to see most of the detail of the equipment as it'll be looming in the shadows but I want it there.
After looking at these it fully reminded my of the hatch in Lost and that's got the run down/forgotten about feel to it I'm after. From this I saw the logos and symbols used and made me get excited about doing some sort of corporate logo for the company in the story and get a real feel for the organisation. I particularly like the patters and tessellating shapes used to construct both the structure of the building and the branding.










No comments:
Post a Comment