Tuesday, 8 May 2012

FINAL ANIMATION.

So I've literally just managed to finish off my first animated short for major project, with a healthy two days room for tweakage. I'm pretty pleased with how its turned out as I've never tried to animate any illustrations before so didn't have any high expectations as to whether they'd look good. I spent a lot time drawing out as many frames as possible to make the transition look smooth and I'd like think its paid off. The shading was a pain to get the tone constant throughout each frame but it seems to have worked out quite well in the long run.


This is the first time I've really used AfterEffects and have found it a real mind bender at times. With the help of a few good friends who happen to be amazing animators, I've picked up some good tips which made things a lot easier. They've been able to solve any problems I've had (there's been quite a few) and really patient with me so I understand each bit they've taught me.

With many aspects of literature now heading down the digital path, I thought it was appropriate to show my work through a digital viewing platform. It shows how versatile my work is, and that it can lend itself to a number of different fields. I think that dropping it into the photo and seeing it how it would online, has really made me consider doing more gifs/shorts in the future. The illustrations seem to work much better then I anticipated.

With each frame being hand generated, I thought I would struggle when lining each image up and have had to re drew a lot once scanned in and looked at as a set. I managed to avoid this and didn't have to change anything in the end, which was a huge relief. I presumed I'd be at a disadvantage not working digitally, as it gives you the option to edit bits relatively easy, but I was proved wrong. I've dead enjoyed the challenge of something new and seeing it finished has really spurred me on to explore further.


No comments:

Post a Comment