
Tuesday, 18 January 2011
DANIEL DANGER.
Recently stumbled across Daniel Danger on a blogg and pretty much fell in love with him and his work. His work seems to represent a love for graphic novels, comics and video games taking the dark subject matter and drawing styles and throwing them into his own masterpieces. They work really well as individual pieces as well as part of short narratives. I'm a massive fan of printing one outline layer on top of a background built up of tone creating depth quite simply. I've done some previous work like this before when screen printing and really enjoyed the working process.I presume he uses pen and ink and then subsequently screen printed it himself but recently it seems people are managing to create hand drawn looking work digitally and making a good job of it. I'd rather stick to using wet media. After checking his work out I think I might go back to basics and dig out my old nib pen and have a go scribbling with it again and see how that works out.


Labels:
ARTIST RESEARCH
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment