Tuesday, 3 April 2012

HANDS.

Over the past few days I've been trying tackling the reoccurring obstacle that keeps cropping up: drawing hands. I've always found hands pretty hard to draw and remember spending a lot of my foundation year attempting to over come this problem. Needless to say, I didn't. To get a hand to look spot on, you need to have basic drawing skills and sometimes more importantly, in my opinion, a general knowledge of the human skeleton and muscle anatomy. This of course depends on the overall look you're after. I came across a helpful little GIF on Matthew Woodson's blog explaining his work process when that I thought was pretty cool.


With me having to produce a short animation it was good inspiration that got my cogs turning.With this in mind, I've been looking through books and trawling the web for anatomical drawings and studies of the human figure, as well as drawing my left hand many lots. Fun times.



No comments:

Post a Comment