Saturday, 18 February 2012

COLOUR TEST.

I'm constantly trying to adapt my method of working when colour is concerned. I've always pushed it to the back of my mind to a point where I can't ignore it any longer as I find it hard to get a good balance of tone. I slip in to the trap of using a huge colour pallet and it looking like a colouring book. I think that it is one of the downsides of working digitally as decisions can be careless. With the option of changing a colour scheme at the click of a button, its too easy to change your mind and become sloppy or maybe this just applies to me. Anyway, rather then dropping colour behind my work digitally, I've started to play with working on top of a painted background. The graphite doesn't blend as smoothly as it would on tracing paper (how I usually work), but I much prefer the texture and colour tones the gouache creates rather then a solid block of colour. It's definitely going to be a process that I'll have to keep pottering about with until I'm happy with. I really enjoyed pushing some paint about as it feels like a lifetime ago since I last had a paint. Good times indeed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment