So
having just finished my piece for OhhDeer, its time to crack on with the second
project in the pipeline. About a month ago, I was contacted by band, having
seen my work online saying they were interested in me producing the artwork for
their first self-titled EP. Obviously, I bit their arm of at the offer. As well
as the illustrations for the album covers, they want a disc image, logo and
possibly a typeface that the can associate with themselves.
The
Eiffel Towers are an acoustic two-piece from York, with elements of folk
creeping in. The band is going into the recording studio in early March so this
fits perfectly in the 5 weeks I have put aside. Having listened to a few
rough recordings several times, my cogs are starting to turn as to what sort of
imagery I'm thinking would compliment their music. The bands has been very open
and easy going where a brief is concerned. They stated in an email that they
preferred my pieces of work that contained birds but were open to any input
that I had. As they haven't really got an idea what they want, they've left it
up to me to play about with whatever I feel would suit their songs best. I'm
going to try and limit myself to some extent, so that my mind doesn't wander
and get lost in too many different ideas. The only thing they have said is that they don't want anything literal concerning their name. Even though its a self titled EP they clear stated that no images of the Eiffel Tower should be used ha.
I
think the best thing for me to do is to ask the band for lyrics so at least I
have something to go on and the imagery isn't completely random. I'm trying to
give my work a little more context then it has done in the past so I think
could be a help. I'm aiming to send the band as many roughs as I can do in two weeks, then as soon as I get the nod, really go for it.
I've never done a live project like this before so I'm pretty excited to get drawing and massively flattered that they've seen my work and got in touch. Time to get my draw on.
No comments:
Post a Comment