Tuesday, 21 February 2012

SECOND ROUGHS.

I've just received feedback on the rough ideas I sent over to SingRamonaSing last week and it wasn't the best. They stated that they loved the concepts being what I'd sent over but they weren't really what they had imagined for their EP. When I firstly asked them what sort of thing they were wanting for the design, they replied with see it as an open brief as they didn't really know them selves what they wanted and to go with whatever. I tired to narrow this down by working on some lyrics that they sent me to try and make sure I was sort of going down the right path. They had now decided of a number of things that they wanted in the design so that I could work on more designs and ensure they were right.

It was slightly frustrating to hear that my designs weren't right and a list of new things they wanted when I hadn't been specified anything at the start of the project, but it's just one of those things hat I can imagine will happen a lot with freelancing and I need to plod on with. The new requirements consisted of a list of imagery linked to each track and a number of my illustrations they liked from my site.

From this I sat down and brainstormed again and had a few more ideas then the first time round. However, in order to stick to my time plan that I had made from this project, I couldn't afford much more time making rough designs. To overcome this, I drew three designs that in my head, ticked all the boxes that they were after and made a neater version of the one that I preferred and hoped they might pick. It turns out that I was more pleased with these ideas as they seemed to have more depth to them in comparison to my first sketches. In looking back, a positive has come out of a negative set back, providing I don't have to re do they again ha.

I've sent the ideas over to the lads earlier today and am waiting to hear on their feedback. Hopefully I'll be hearing from them relatively soon as I'm already slightly behind schedule due to this little set back and need to push on with the making side of things.




No comments:

Post a Comment